CCA’s founder, Lou Crenshaw has authored a variety of articles in professional journals, provided Defense Industry Insights and budget projections and directed many industry studies. Lou also provides a series of professional talks and seminars which are available on request. Current topics are:
- Bathsheba, King David and you: Avoiding the failure of success.
- Doing Business in DoD
- The Aerodynamics of Small Business
- Budget Process, The Basics
- The Unwritten Rules in PPBE
- Ethical Decision Making: Deciding the Undecidable
- Managing and Surviving in a Bureaucracy
- Power Counterpoint: How not to use Power Point to the delight of your boss!
- Inside Industry Government Acquisition: Controlling the behavior of the ants
- Ten Minutes Over Baghdad: Lessons for Leaders
Materials for several of these seminars are located on the web site.
Here are some examples of his work.
Lou recently chaired a panel at the National Academy of Public Administration which evaluated the Maritime Administration, its roles and missions, organization and effectiveness. A link to the study is here. This is an interview Lou gave on December 11th on FEDNEWSRADIO on the study results.
Listen to Lou’s Podcast appearance on Thinking Strategically released May 2015
|A Financial Balancing Act:
American Society of Military Comptrollers Annual Survey of Defense Financial Management Executives
|DoD Budget Outlook:2013 and Beyond|
|Grant Thornton Annual Contractor Survey for 2013|
|ASMC Comptroller, Spring 2012|
|ASMC Comptroller, Fall 2010|