CCA’s founder, Lou Crenshaw has authored a variety of articles in professional journals, provided Defense Industry Insights and budget projections and directed many industry studies. Lou also provides a series of professional talks and seminars which are available on request. Current topics are:
- Critical Thinking: Avoiding Decision Traps
- Bathsheba, King David and you: Avoiding the failure of success.
- Cognitive Bias in Decision Making
- Doing Business in DoD
- The Aerodynamics of Small Business
- Ethics in DoD Contracting
- Budget Process, The Basics
- The Unwritten Rules in PPBE
- Ethical Decision Making: Deciding the Undecidable
- Managing and Surviving in a Bureaucracy
- Power Counterpoint: How not to use Power Point to the delight of your boss!
- Inside Industry Government Acquisition: Controlling the behavior of the ants
- Ten Minutes Over Baghdad: Lessons for Leaders
Materials for several of these seminars are located on the web site.
Have you ever been confused about the DoD budget numbers? Can’t make them add up? The problem is most likely is the confusion between the National Defense Budget (commonly referred to as the 050 Account) and the DoD budget (051 Account). National Defense budget includes numbers from other US Government agencies, like Energy. Here is a quick summary of what’s in each and how the budget allocations work. The next time you are chatting with colleagues about budgets, you can impress them with your expertise by asking, “Are we talking about 050 or 051 allocations?”IF10618
Here’s an article in the Washington Business Journal On-line about the Professional Services Council Vision 2019 Conference in which Lou provides some comments on the economic outlook for 2021 and beyond.
Here are some examples of his work.
Lou chaired a panel in 2017 for the National Academy of Public Administration which evaluated the Maritime Administration, its roles and missions, organization and effectiveness. A link to the study is here. This is an interview Lou gave on December 11th on FEDNEWSRADIO on the study results.
Listen to Lou’s Podcast appearance on Thinking Strategically released May 2015
|A Financial Balancing Act:
American Society of Military Comptrollers Annual Survey of Defense Financial Management Executives
|DoD Budget Outlook:2013 and Beyond|
|Grant Thornton Annual Contractor Survey for 2013|
|ASMC Comptroller, Spring 2012|
|ASMC Comptroller, Fall 2010|